Lot's Pitiful Lot
Abraham "goes to Egypt" again. Meaning, took matters into his own hands
instead of trusting God. - Genesis 20:9-14.
- We are like Lot.
- We take the big half
- We choose human rewards over spiritual ones
- We play with fire, and our witness looks like it.
- Our fruit is meager.
- But Lot's pitiful lot did not take away his salvation.
Hebrews 11 still calls him a righteous man.
Birth of Isaac - Genesis 21:1-7
- From Mamre (near Bethlehem) to Kadesh to Shur.
- Abimelech (a title, like Pharaoh)
- Abraham and Sarah were apparently both renewed when Jesus showed up.
- "Isaac" means "laughter"
- Family Split, Gen 21:8
- God intervenes for Hagar & Ishmael - Gen 21:15
- Consider the times God intervened for women at a well
- Rebecca (wife for Isaac)
- Samaritan woman
- Isaac - father of the Jews
- Ishmael - father of anti-semites (including Arabs)