Isaac's "trip to Egypt"
Genesis 25-27 - Jacob and Esau
- Isaac repeated his father Abraham's scene: "...she's my sister"
- But God's covenant was unconditional; Isaac didn't lose his salvation, rather, God blessed
him so much that he was envied by the Philistines.
- Twins: Jacob ("supplanter"), and Esau ("red, ruddy"). "The older shall serve the younger".
- The birthright: Quitclaimed by Esau for the bowl of red stew; but given by father Isaac".
- The scam: - Genesis 27:18
- The blessing: - Genesis 27:29
- Esau showed up late: - Genesis27:30
- "Yoke thrown off" prophecy (2 Samuel 8:14) fulfilled: - 2 Chronicles 21:8 Edom rebelled.
- Esau's grudge: - Genesis 27:41, Jacob flees to Uncle Laban in Haran.
- Even though Rebekah was scheming to protect her son Jacob so that she wouldn't lose him,
she probably never saw him again.